We hope you enjoyed our fourth annual Data Virtualization Day on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at The New York Palace in New York, NY. With nearly 400 attendees, it was the largest gathering of data virtualization professionals ever, with tremendous presentations and conversations.
Driving Greater Business Impact via Data Virtualization
With so much data, the difference between business leaders and also-rans is how well they leverage their data.
This imperative was reflected in the theme of Data Virtualization Day 2013, Gain Big Advantage From Your Data: Drive Greater Business Impact via Data Virtualization.
Engage and Accelerate
Participants at data virtualization’s premier event were able to:
- Hear business and IT leaders from Goldman Sachs, BMO Financial and BSkyB describe the business impact of their data virtualization successes including greater competitive advantage, increased business agility and lower data integration costs.
- Understand the latest data virtualization industry trends from luminary data virtualization analysts including Forrester Research’s Noel Yuhanna and R20 Consulting’s Rick van der Lans.
- Celebrate the 2013 Data Virtualization Leadership Award winners, Barclays, Tudor Capital, BSkyB and Sony Network Entertainment.
- Network and gain insight into how to gain big advantage from data virtualization.
Videos of these presentations will soon be posted. Stay tuned.
|Wednesday, October 9, 2013|
Robert Eve, Director, Data Virtualization Business Unit, Cisco
|8:45 am||Opening Remarks
Mike Flannagan, GM, Integration Brokerage Technology Group, Cisco
|9:00 am||Taking Data Virtualization to the Network and Beyond
Jim Green, GM, Data Virtualization Business Unit, Cisco
|10:15 am||Achieving Operational Efficiency Through Data Virtualization
John Weir, Managing Director and CTO of Operations, Goldman Sachs
|11:10 am||A New Architecture for Financial Risk Management
Mike Desanti, Lead Technology Officer for Risk Technology, BMO Financial Group
|12:00 pm||Peer Networking Lunch|
|1:00 pm||Seeing the Bigger Picture at Sky
Nick Maroudas, Analysis and Design Manager for Business Intelligence, British Sky Broadcasting Ltd
|1:50pm||Data Virtualization Leadership Awards
Bob Reary, Customer Value Program Leader, Data Virtualization Business Unit, Cisco See the winners
|3:00 pm||Data Virtualization: Where it is At, Where it is Going
Noel Yuhanna, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Rick van der Lans, President, R20/Consultancy
|4:00 pm –
The Collage Theater provided a comfortable environment to discuss how to deploy data virtualization to maximize business impact. Discussion zones, staffed by strategy and implementation experts, included:
- Self-service Analytic Sandboxing
- Agile BI
- Big Data Analytics
- Logical Data Warehouse
Social and Media
Well known IT media and analysts from the Bloor Group, Enterprise Management Associates, Forrester, Radiant Advisors, TDWI and TechTarget participated again this year with coverage tracked here.
Use hashtag #DVDNYC to flollow Data Virtualization Day on Twitter.