As an enabler to agile information architectures, data virtualization combines SOA principles including, decoupling, reuse, and agility with key information governance principles such as abstraction, shared semantic models and data standards.
Data virtualization’s loosely-coupled, highly-scalable approach to data integration adds flexibility to information architectures.
Data Virtualization Architecture Deployment Options
Layered information architectures can also be implemented using data virtualization. Examples include Data Abstraction Layer, Data Services Layer, Globally-distributed Data Virtualization Layer, and Logical Data Warehouse.
Data Virtualization Architecture Benefits
Whereas traditional information architectures have not been agile enough to keep pace with today’s frenetic business change, data virtualization’s unique benefits change meet these needs.
- Query Optimization for Timely Business Insight – Composite’s query optimization algorithms and techniques are the fastest in the industry, delivering the timely information your business units require.
- Data Federation Provides the Complete Picture – Composite’s data federation virtually integrates your data in memory to provide the complete picture without the cost and overhead of physical data consolidation.
- Data Discovery Addresses Data Proliferation – Composite’s unique-in-the-industry. Data discovery automates entity and relationship identification and accelerates data modeling so your analysts can better understand and leverage your distributed data assets.
- Data Abstraction Simplifies Complex Data – Composite’s powerful data abstraction tools simplify your complex data, transforming it from native structures to common semantics for easier consumption.
- Data Access, Caching and Delivery Improves Data Availability – Composite’s flexible standards-based data access, caching and delivery options support your diverse information consumers.
- Data Governance Maximizes Control – Composite’s data governance ensures data security, data quality and 7x24 operations to maximize control.
- Layered Architecture Enables Rapid Change – Composite’s loosely-coupled information architecture and rapid development tools provide the agility required to keep pace with your ever-changing business needs.