Composite Software Customer Value Framework Delivering Tangible Results
SAN MATEO, Calif. — June 12, 2012 — Composite Software announced today the five year anniversary of the company’s Customer Value Organization which assists Composite Software customers in planning, measuring and achieving maximum value with their data virtualization projects and helps organizations communicate the business and IT value of their data virtualization investments to stakeholders.
Central to the successes of the Customer Value Organization is the Composite Software Customer Value Framework, a set of guidelines, methods and tools coupled with a historical, customer-based metric knowledge store to be used in assessing, delivering, and communicating the value of Composite data virtualization initiatives. Customer Value team members work with customers to conduct value assessments, identify the IT/business initiative, assess areas of potential value enhancement, translate data virtualization capabilities to business benefits and then help communicate overall value and return on investment.
Composite customers who use the Composite Customer Value Framework in association with their data virtualization projects, better understand the value of their work and are more successful in gaining executive support. Using this formalized process of assessment, tracking, and benefits documentation can result in a 2X faster internal adoption rate and a 25 percent improvement in the quality and effectiveness of project deliverables over projects where the framework was not used.
The Customer Value team has helped hundreds of Composite Software customers to gain significant business agility and other benefits by implementing data virtualization solutions using the Composite Data Virtualization Platform. Documented case studies developed by the Customer Value team include:
- A top four global energy firm used Composite to migrate a new key mission-critical business application. Project leaders used the Composite Customer Value Framework to assess the value throughout, resulting in a Project Cost Avoidance in excess of $2 million and a business Productivity Value Acceleration in excess of $5 million dollars attributed to the more rapid time to solution.
- A major global money center bank’s key stakeholders collaborated with the Composite team to assess a value in just the past year of over $2 million in project value acceleration to the business due to the faster time to solution, and over $3 million due to resource agility associated with the need for real-time data.
- A leading pharmaceutical company had already achieved a 75 percent reduction in data integration costs by using the Composite Information Server in a shared services environment, supporting merger activities and clinical research operations. The shared service team worked with the Composite to assess and prove a 2X return-on-investment per remote site, leading to a further 75 percent cost reduction and 2X faster time to solution to meet the local agility needs of the business.
Other documented Composite Software customer return on investment case studies, all detailed in the book Data Virtualization: Going Beyond Traditional Data Integration to Achieve Agility, include:
- NYSE Euronext saved $4.5 million for one data virtualization project alone.
- Qualcomm saved $2.2 million across five initial projects.
- Northern Trust achieved a 50 percent reduction in time to market and 200 percent ROI.
- Compassion achieved development cost reductions of 30 percent.
“The Customer Value team builds detailed data virtualization business cases across a diverse range of projects and industries every day,” said Bob Reary, Composite Software Director of Customer Value who has more than and has more than 30 years of industry experience in software product strategy and design and in customer advocacy roles. “We have conducted more than 200 customer value assessments from which we have developed the most extensive data virtualization value knowledge base of relevant tools, metrics and return-on-investment approaches that we share with our customers to assist them in maximizing their investment in Composite Software.
About Composite Software, Inc.
Composite Software, Inc. is the data virtualization performance leader. Backed by a decade of pioneering R&D, Composite Software is the data virtualization gold standard at 10 of the top 20 banks, six of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, four of the top five energy firms, major communications providers and the world’s largest IT organization, the US Army. These and hundreds of other global organizations rely on Composite to fulfill their ever-changing information requirements with greater agility and lower costs. Composite Software is privately held, with corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA. To contact Composite, please call (650) 227-8200, visit us on the Web at http://www.compositesw.com, or follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/compositesw.
Composite Software is a registered trademark of Composite Software, Inc. Copyright © Composite Software, Inc. 2012.