The Composite Information Server forms the core of the Composite Data Virtualization Platform.
At build time, developers use the Composite Information Server’s easy-to-use development environment, Studio, with automated code generators, to create high-quality, semantically meaningful, standards-compliant views and data services. Rich tools enable complex federation and transformation functions. Standard adapters simplify access and publication development activities. And the Manager controls security, metadata, source code and more.
At run time, the Composite Information Server’s query engine – the data virtualization performance leader – securely queries, accesses, federates, abstracts and delivers data to consuming business solutions on demand. Multiple caching options provide additional speed and flexibility.
- Modeling – Design views and services using a high-productivity development environment.
- Transformation – Transform complex data structures.
- Metadata Repository – Store and manage metadata.
- Version Control - Manage development and changes in a controlled manner.
- Governance – Provide complete visibility, traceability and control.
- Data Quality – Ensure correct and complete data.
- Query Engine – Execute and optimize queries on a single data source or across multiple and disparate data sources.
- Performance Optimization Algorithms and Techniques – Optimize query performance for large and complex data sets.
- Caching – Materialize data into a designated storage location.
- Data Access – Connect and expose data from diverse sources.
- Data Delivery – Deliver data to consuming applications.
- Security – Support multiple forms of security to maximize data protection.
Composite Information Server Architecture
- Multiple-access Management Console – Manage using Studio or a Web browser.
- Real-time System Indicators – Monitor key system metrics and tune for optimal performance.
- SNMP Support – Allow for monitoring by third-party systems.
- Ease-of-use– Graphical development and management environments are easy to learn and intuitive to use.
- Performance – Dozens of query optimization techniques and algorithms are applied automatically.
- Flexibility – Deployable for a wide range of use cases and solutions that require data integration, data access, data abstraction, and more.