Analytics Can Change Your Business
According to the Professors Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson of MIT:
“Companies that inject big data and analytics into their operations show productivity rates and profitability that are 5% to 6% higher than those of their peers.”
CIO’s understand this opportunity and according to a 2012 survey of 2300 CIO by Gartner, Analytics is their number one technology priority.
Data is the critical success factor. Because without data, there can be no analysis.
Data Virtualization as an Analytic Data Hub Enabler
Composite data virtualization can accelerate development of a new analytic or refinement an existing one. With Composite you can:
- Discover available data sources across and beyond the enterprise
- Simplify access to required data sources, while complying with security and governance policies
- Combine all the data required
- Deliver the data to any number of analytic tools
- Complete all these activities quickly and easily
Plus Composite support of analytics can scale from one-off projects, with one-time analytic sandboxes to on-going support of multiple analytic applications via an analytic data hub.
Analytic data hubs provide greater consistency across multiple analytic applications, faster time to solution due to data set reuse and more complete governance and control.
Analytics Best Practices: The Analytical Hub provides additional insights into analytical data hub architecture and deployment.
- Upsell Analysis – To identify upsell opportunities within their customer base, this cable company needed to combine data from multiple customer management and operations systems. Using Composite data virtualization they quickly created new analytics driving $21M in additional revenue.
- Product Optimization Analysis – To improve the player experience for new video games and thus drive additional sales, this video entertainment company needed to combine data from big data sources tracking game usage, website traffic, sales data and more. Using Composite data virtualization they identified product improvements which have leading to $9M in additional revenue.