Deliver on M&A’s Promise
The promise of larger market share, greater economies of scale and superior financial performance make mergers and acquisitions a way of life in today’s hypercompetitive marketplace.
Delivering on this promise is a significant task for the IT teams responsible for integrating the merged organizations. Not only is this effort tremendously large and complex, time is of the essence.
With so many data silos and an urgency to visualize combined results, IT needs to use every tool in their data integration portfolio – especially ones that federate merged data quickly.
Cisco Data Virtualization Solutions for Mergers and Acquisitions
Leading enterprises in number industries rely on the Cisco Data Virtualization Platform to integrate terabytes of critical strategic and operational data across merged organizations, providing the unified views of the combined business that executives seek.
Cisco data virtualization is a more agile, lower cost data integration approach that accelerates integration of diverse source data housed at each of the merged firms.
Cisco helps you achieve your M&A IT system integration objectives more rapidly than other data integration approaches, delivering significant business benefits including:
- Increase Revenues – Accelerate new market penetration and cross-selling initiatives
- Improve Productivity – Simplify consolidated financial reporting
- Reduce Costs – Rationalize combined project portfolios and staffs optimally
- Decrease Risk – Provide management visibility across the merged firms quickly
- Ensure Compliance – Support new compliance reporting requirements, both transitory and on-going
- Cross Selling – To accelerate cross selling activities, this acquirer used Cisco data virtualization to identify and target acquired company’s customers, without waiting for the longer lead-time customer data warehouse consolidation project. This brought revenue faster and removed the consolidation project from IT’s critical path.
- Staff Rationalization – To rationalize staff after a merger, the acquiring pharmaceutical company needed to integrate R&D pipelines and staffs, balancing project demand and existing talent. Cisco data virtualization combined this diverse data in just a few weeks, enabling them to quickly realign researchers and project managers optimally across the unified companies and move forward with little disruption.
- Iterative Trial Close – To ensure better financial control and more rapid consolidation of financial reporting, financial analysts at the acquiring company integrated accounting data using Cisco data virtualization. Trial close reports include federated views of both companies’ ledgers as required to provide immediate visibility and avoid surprises.