In many industries, information supports the business. However in media and communications companies, information is the business. With new technologies at every turn and customers just a click away from your competitor’s offering, maintaining a compelling experience is vital
Towards this challenge, mergers and past IT investments have resulted in numerous data silos and significant complexity. As a result media and communications companies are seeking new ways to integrate and leverage vast amounts of data.
Composite Data Virtualization Solutions for Media & Communications Companies
Media & communications companies, such as Comcast, CondeNast, ESPN, Nielsen, and Scripps Networks, and TurkCell rely on the Composite Data Virtualization Platform to provide the dynamic and diverse information required across a range of strategic initiatives and business-critical IT projects.
Composite data virtualization is a more agile, lower cost data integration approach that successfully addresses today’s complex multi-media data silos and delivers significant business benefits including:
- Increase Revenues – Expand and enhance information content to add value and improve differentiation
- Improve Productivity – Provide the viewer, reader, and listener information that programmers and product managers require
- Reduce Costs – Avoid long data integration development cycles and excess data replication
- Decrease Risk – Keep pace with rapid technical innovation and ever changing consumer tastes
- Ensure Compliance – Meet FCC and EU compliance data requirements faster, for less
- Flexible Ratings Data Analytics – To enable their TV network customers to respond faster to viewing trends this marketing information company used Composite data virtualization. To provide richer, more flexible ratings analysis Results included a 50% faster response to new data requests, 80% faster reporting runtimes, improved customer satisfaction and 250% payback in 9 months.
- Media Access and Ad Sales Reporting – To improve sales teams productivity this lifestyle cable media company used Composite data virtualization to combine data from disparate media access and ad sales management systems. Results included a 2% increase in ad sales with payback in 4 months.
- Magazine Merchandizing Portal – To increase sell thru, product profitability and sales productivity for single copy magazine sales, this US distributor used Composite data virtualization to provide a real-time view of point-of-sale scan, order management, and CRM data for their sales teams. Results included a 5% increase in product profitability with payback in 3 months.
- 360° View of Cellular Customer Data – To maximize revenue per customer and customer service levels, this European mobile phone operator used Composite data virtualization to combine customer service data from their customer reporting data warehouse, billing data from their financial systems, and call and configuration data from their operational support systems to deliver a 360° view of customers to their customer service representatives. Faster issue resolution and more productive up-sell programs reduce churn and increase revenues.