SAP Data Is Valuable, But Often Hard to Access
SAP is the most widely deployed ERP solution in the world today. For all of its strengths in supporting business processes, many find gaining business insight from SAP’s transaction and analytic repositories a daunting challenge:
- Multiple SAP instances, often on different releases and rarely fully compatible with SAP/s BI offerings
- Additional source systems outside SAP that house complementary information your business units require
- Additional intermediate data warehouses and marts beyond SAP BW and HANA also critical for business analysis
- Additional analysis and reporting tools beyond SAPs offerings that need to leverage SAP source data
Data Virtualization Unlocks SAP Data
Composite combines data virtualization’s flexibility and agility with a number of SAP specific capabilities that make the Composite Data Virtualization platform the ideal solution to the SAP data integration.
- SAP ERP – Composite PerformancePlus Adapters™ for SAP enable instant access to SAP and deliver its content as pre-built, reusable data services. Data Services for SAP allow enterprises to quickly and easily implement data virtualization initiatives and other information delivery projects.
- SAP BW – Composite PerformancePlus Adapters™ for SAP BW enable certified access to SAP BW and deliver its content as extensible and reusable data services. Composite supports MDX functions for SAP BW and allows enterprises to quickly and easily implement a range of initiatives including Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting, CDI-MDM Single View and more.
- SAP HANA – Composite can be both a source and destination for Hana data. To learn more see SAP HANA and Data Virtualization: Competitors or Complements?
- Financial and Budget Analysis – To streamline payroll analysis in its budgeting process, a major retailer used Composite to access SAP payroll and other systems, produce roll-up views for analysis, and expose these views to their budgeting system. This lower cost integration approach delivered data from multiple sources while improving the quality and timeliness of financial analysis and reporting.
- Oil and Gas Well Management – To optimize well maintenance and repair, a large oil and gas producer used Composite to unlock date from SAP BW and SAP ERP. By federating up-to-the-minute well data from the SAP run-time system with the data warehouse data, they delivered the actionable information required to automate key maintenance and repair decisions. The result was greater efficiency throughout the day and relieved key resources for other value-added initiatives.